Sunday, March 3rd
12:00 pm noon Comcast Channel 15
Auction Rules & Regulations:
Bidders must be 18 years of age or older to place bids.
By bidding on an item, you are agreeing to these Rules and Regulations.
Before the Auction:
Review the Auction Rules and Regulations.
To register for a bidder number the day of the Auction call the number shown on the TV screen, on our website or in the newspaper. You will be asked to provide your name, address and phone number.
Items placed for bidding are listed in the Pennysaver, Westfield Evening News and via the internet link on the clubs website at www.westfieldkiwanis.org . Items are listed in blocks, with the approximate time that block will be presented for Auction.
The Kiwanis Club of Westfield reserves the right to reject any bid or bid number request, or to deactivate a bidder number.
- Bidding during the Auction:
- By placing a bid on an item, you understand that if your bid is accepted, you are legally responsible for paying for the item and may not retract your bid.
- To bid on an item call the phone number shown on the TV broadcast, internet screen or in the newspaper.
- You will be asked for your bidder number.
- Once your bidder number has been provided the auction volunteer will ask your name for verification.
- Provide the volunteer with the block and item number on which you are placing a bid.
- State the dollar amount of your bid. If a higher bid already exists the volunteer will let you know your bid is lower than the current high bid. You can then provide a higher bid.
- Once your bid is placed you must hang up. To place another bid on the same item you must call the auction line and bid again.
- Bids are accepted in increments of $1 or more. Super Board bids are accepted in $25 increments or more.
- The volunteer Auctioneers will announce when 2 minutes is left for bidding on items in a particular block. Once a block is closed the phone volunteers will not be able to accept any further bids.
- Closing of a block will be deemed official when the club’s computer system locks that block from additional input.
- Phone volunteers cannot inform you if you are the high bidder. The high bidder for each item will receive a confirmation phone call.
- High Bid Confirmation:
- You will receive a bid confirmation phone call within 60 minutes after the end of an auction block.
- The phone call will be placed to the phone number provided at the time of your registration. To change the phone number on file call the Auction Support line shown on TV or the Internet.
- We must be able to reach the bidder shortly after each block is closed to confirm the bid.
- Once you have confirmed your bid, the volunteer will provide you with instructions to pay for and pick-up your item.
- If we are unable to reach you at the phone number on file, or if we reach your voicemail or answering machine, we will consider your bid invalid and will contact the second high bidder for confirmation of their bid.
- If a duplicate high bid situation arises, the first high bid will be the winning bid.
- Payment and collection of items:
- High bidders must pay for and take possession of items at the time and location announced during each Annual Auction.
- For 2012 the payment and item collection date is March 6th from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm at St Joseph’s Church, 73 Main St, Westfield.
- Payment can be made in cash or by check or money order payable to the Kiwanis Club of Westfield.
- If you confirm your high bid but fail to pay for and pick up your item on or before March 6, 2012, we will contact the second highest bidder. While we try to make an effort to accommodate schedules if necessary, we disclaim any obligation to do so.
- Item information:
- The Kiwanis Club of Westfield reserves the right to withdraw any item from the auction at any time prior to the auction.
- All sales are final and all items are sold “as is”.
- Items cannot be returned and refunds will not be made.
- Items are not redeemable for cash and substitutions of items will not be made at the request of the winning bidder.
- A travel package does not include airfare, transportation, food or other amenities unless expressly stated.
- The Club is unable to accommodate requests for changes to travel plans or blackout dates for any reason whatsoever.
- The Kiwanis Club of Westfield makes no warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to any items and in no event will be responsible for the correctness or deemed to have made any representation or warranty of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, historical period or condition of the item. The Club specifically disclaims any implied warranties, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose,
- No statement on the Club’s website, made at the auction, in the bill of sale/receipt or in the script or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation or assumption of liability.
- The Kiwanis Club of Westfield shall have no responsibility for failure to place bids or be the winning bidder based on difficulties with telephones, internet, TV broadcast or auction software.
- The Kiwanis Club of Westfield, its Board of Directors, Club Members, Volunteers and Sponsors assume no liability for situations, repairs or incidents arising from any aspect of items sold to winning bidders. The Club, it Directors, Members, Volunteers and Sponsors each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from the auction or items purchased at auction.
The members of the Kiwanis Club of Westfield thank all the donors who provided the items for the auction. We also thank you for your participation in the auction and your support throughout the year.